Ridgefield Youth Lacrosse: Coach’s Code of Conduct
- Cultivate each participant’s love of lacrosse while developing their individual skills and game IQ in a positive environment.
- Be a role model to your players and always be alert to their physical safety.
- Emphasize fair play and model good sportsmanship.
- Be respectful to the players, parents, referees and opponents.
- Give all players the opportunity to improve, gain confidence and develop self-esteem.
- Learn to be a more effective communicator and coach. Be generous with your praise when it is deserved; be consistent, honest, and fair. Do not criticize players publicly.
- Care more about the child than the win.
- Organize practices that are fun, challenging, emphasize skill development and lacrosse IQ.
- Understand the rules, techniques and strategies of lacrosse.
- Maintain an open line of communication with your players.